Agile and Scrum is a practice that can transform project management across businesses and industries. Agile gives the ability to discover new ways to respond more quickly and accurately to inevitable change and threats. Scrum is a proven agile methodology and by incorporating it to the daily work, you can run project more efficiently. As widely used Agile framework, Scrum has been applied to various projects from universities to automotive world for fast and accurate solutions.
Here are some important values, you can add after incorporating Agile to your work:
- Transparency: Using Agile, clients have the opportunity to be involved in the project – from prioritizing its features to iteration planning, reviewing the sessions to building new features.
- Allows Change: Teams have the opportunity to constantly reprioritize and refine the overall product backlog. Changes that need to be implemented or fresh ideas can always be planned for the next iteration. This gives the team the opportunity to introduce more changes within the week.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Agile gives out multiple opportunities for team and stakeholder engagement – during, before, and after every Sprint.
- Early and predictable delivery: Using time-boxed, fixed schedule Sprints of 1-4 weeks, the new features are delivered quicker and more frequently, with a higher level of predictability.
- Improving Quality: Breaking down the project into manageable units allows the project team to focus on high-quality testing, development, and collaboration. Producing more frequent builds and conducting more tests and reviews during every iteration makes sure that quality is improved.
- Focus on Users: To define their product criteria, Agile is known to use their customer stories with their business focused acceptance criteria. Because each feature is focused on the need of the user, it doesn’t just deliver components but also value.
- Focuses on Business Value: Allowing the client to determine the priority of the features, the team understands what is important to the client and can therefore deliver these features which in turn provide more business value.